Battery Wear at 101.6% Is that normal?

nightspark

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Last night my battery was at 55% this morning my battery was dead. I used battery info view and it reports my battery wear is at 101.6%. I brought it in early October so it's not that old. This isn't the first time my battery has drained so rapidly either. battery.jpg

RobertMSFT

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you run Powercfg sleepstudy to see what may have been running at the time? You can run that command to cover up to the last 28 days. So for the last week type at an admin command prompt:

Powercfg sleepstudy /duration 7

You should be able to see what drained the battery and I'd be curious to know myself if you find anything conclusive.

nightspark

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I had contacted MS support and the issued a firmware update which I thought fixed the issue. Over the last week and a half the issue has come back up. I did a sleep for the and the last three days were reported. I don't know how to insert the full report so I'm including the info at for the last day of the report. I did find out from support that the wear level is normal. That the SP3 holds a slightly higher charge than it is rated at.
study.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750