Why isn't my Microsoft Miracast Display Adapt for SP3 working?

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Miracast Display Adapt for SP3

I searched forums but cannot find anything on this topic.

I recently received my Miracast Adapt that Microsoft released recently and followed instructions to pair it with my SP3. I do a lot of presentations and felt this would be a great fit for me.

Unfortunately, following instructions (swipe in front right, devices, project, Add Wireless Display) it doesn't find it.

It's plugged in the way it is supposed to be. I also downloaded the App from Windows store as well...no dice.

Anyone have an issue or is there a known issue that I should be aware of?

Thanks for help

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Miracast Display Adapt for SP3

Did you make sure the USB is connected? Maybe the USB port isn't providing sufficient electricity so in that case getting a USB power supply would help.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Are you getting the Microsoft logo page on your display with the adapter attached and powered?

DSCF1079.jpg

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Okay. Did you rerun the Windows Update check? If this is a work connected SP3, then ensure you are checking online for updates vs check for updates by administrator.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
You have to pair it, first. Go to PC Settings> PC and Devices > Bluetooth. Then pair it as you would any device. Also, you can download the Wireless Display app from the store and follow the tutorial.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

Okay. Did you rerun the Windows Update check? If this is a work connected SP3, then ensure you are checking online for updates vs check for updates by administrator.

I did..HOWEVER, I noticed there was an "optional" update waiting. When I did that, it worked. Thank you!

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I did..HOWEVER, I noticed there was an "optional" update waiting. When I did that, it worked. Thank you!

That's was the one I was leading you towards. Glad you are up and running now. How is it for you?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@enthuz, I have one and really like it. I used to watch Netflix and Amazon movies on my TV with my Xbox 360, but this is soooo much easier and faster and intuitive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234