12-14hrs charging!!

jason fallurin

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I've got my SP3 from a 2nd hand shop in Akihabara, Japan about 2 weeks ago. It's the core i5, 8gb, 256gb version. It was charging fine for the first and second time but after several windows update, it became very slow. It takes about 12-14hrs to fully charge my unit and sometimes it just stops charging saying plugged in, not charging. About a few days ago it automatically installed again a few more updates and the charging became normal after that. But after draining the battery again, I tried to charge it but the same problem occurred and until now it is charging very slow. I don't think that there is a problem with my charger because I also bought a docking station and tried to charge my SP3 with it but nothing changed. Does anyone know how to fix this? Do I still need some windows update? By the way I have tried to refresh my SP3 but nothing changed. Please help me.

Jason Fallurin1

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Tnx for the reply Sir,
I'm using the charger that came with it from the box and also I bought a docking station and used it to charge my SP3 but still the same, it is charging very slow. And now it also drains very fast when it's not connected to the charger, when I first use it, it lasted for about 5hrs. I have played asphalt now for just about 5mins or less and it already drained 10% of the battery. tsk! I was not using it while charging but still it takes too long for it to fully charge.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What other apps/programs do you have installed? There may be an app running in the background that is a power hog.

After playing Asphalt try restarting it and see what happens. It's possible the game is still running in the background after you close it.

As a last resort you can do a hard reset, download and install all of the updates BEFORE reinstalling any apps/programs.

Jason Fallurin1

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Tnx for the reply Sir.
Sir How do I check if there's some apps still running ing the background? I just installed some apps and games from the windows store and also
google chrome.
How is that hard reset done? Sorry Sir, not familiar with some terms. Also, How do I know if I have installed all the updates already?
Is that when I can't find any more updates when I check for them?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Tnx for the reply Sir.
Sir How do I check if there's some apps still running ing the background? I just installed some apps and games from the windows store and also
google chrome.
How is that hard reset done? Sorry Sir, not familiar with some terms. Also, How do I know if I have installed all the updates already?
Is that when I can't find any more updates when I check for them?

This should help with finding and see what is running in the background.

Start, find, and close apps on Microsoft Surface

How do I close an app? - Windows Help

As for a hard reset, that is a last resort. Essentially you are wiping the system and resetting it back to factory state. You will lose any data you had on the system.

Restore, refresh, or reset Microsoft Surface Pro | Surface factory settings

I hope this helps.

Inuyasha1987

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
- For your battery life, you can refer this link (sorry because of this inconvenience. I don't have enough post so I can't post direct link) surfaceforums.net/threads/guide-all-about-battery-life.10374/#post-75782
I also following these advice and battery life has been improved. I think the biggest problem is stay in some hide software. It take a lot of battery even we do nothing. You can turn on task manager by alt + cltr + del and check what's happening.
- For charging issue. I am not sure but I guess the reason come from windows. So try to reinstall windows 8 and check it again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos