Dumb Surface/Type cover question

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about an SP3 and if I do then it will have to come with a Type cover :)

One thing I've been wondering.....

... I've seen photos of the cover folded back so the SP3 looks basically like a standard tablet. But as the keys will be on the outside what stops you accidentally pressing a key as you hold it?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about an SP3 and if I do then it will have to come with a Type cover :)

One thing I've been wondering.....

... I've seen photos of the cover folded back so the SP3 looks basically like a standard tablet. But as the keys will be on the outside what stops you accidentally pressing a key as you hold it?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
They are disabled when they are in that position. Source: I have one

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Just a note of warning. If you do fold it back, be aware that after a while the ribbon flex going from the keyboard to the Surface may fail. Had an RT that the keyboard quit after about 10 months of using it in that manner. This keyboard will be taken off if I want to use the SP3 as a tablet.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just a note of warning. If you do fold it back, be aware that after a while the ribbon flex going from the keyboard to the Surface may fail. Had an RT that the keyboard quit after about 10 months of using it in that manner. This keyboard will be taken off if I want to use the SP3 as a tablet.

Yeah I always take it off

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
That's not a stupid question. I have an original Surface RT and mine works as the others described. It doesn't feel right though, so I prefer the touch cover of I know I'm not going to be typing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans