New to Surface Pro 3 with questions

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just go my Surface Pro 3 and have some questions.

One of my planned uses is going to be work and we have a software we use requires function keys. The stock keyboard doesn't have them. Anyone know a free virtual keyboard I can look at? If I have to I will buy one.

I know this is a subjective question, but what's the best case for the Surface Pro 3?

My only complaint is the proprietary charging port. I wish it came with a microUSB charger.

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It comes with a virtual keyboard app. But it also has the Function keys on the actual physical keyboard. Press FN next to ALT key, then the top row.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My keyboard only has CTRL, &123 and an emoticon key

So you're not using a Microsoft touch- or type keyboard then? Because both of these sport an FN key, which reveals additional functionality for F1 to F12. No matter what, the onscreen keyboard has more keys to offer than those found on the touch- or type cover. Just don't use the stripped down one. Tap on the keyboard icon and then touch the language key. Choose the very right icon now and you'll have a full fledged onscreen keyboard, offering anything you should ever need.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you but that icon is grayed out.

The hell? OO On your Surface Pro 3? OO The only reason I could think of is that you have just one single language installed. Which still wouldn't be a reason not to offer more than just the default keyboard, but it would explain why the key itself is disabled. Which again means, that there's a major flaw in there. Try and install an additional language and see, if that enables the key for you.

strollin

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
First of all, are you referring to the physical keyboard or the on-screen keyboard? It's not 100% clear what you're talking about.

Bring up the on-screen keyboard and tap the FN key in the lower left corner of the keyboard and you should see the Function Keys listed along the top of the keyboard.

As stated above, with the physical type-cover keyboard, the function keys are physically located in the top row of the keyboard but you need to press Fn-F1 (or whatever) to use that function key.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss