Plugged in but not charging..95% battery?

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
So my 3rd replacement SP3 arrived yesterday and something I just noticed. Battery is at 95% or so it says and I have it plugged in. It says "Plugged in, not charging" in the system tray. I get how it would say that if it were at 99 or 100% but 95%? what gives?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
In this case it likely means nothing at all. Much like many other machines, it either will not top off the last five percent (or whatever the OEM spec is) or the indicator simply has not caught up to the system charging status. I have had it happen with SP, SP2, and SP3 and checking the battery health and charging status confirms everything is still running (and charging) properly. My third generation i7 Asus laptop (now long gone) would also draw down to even lower while plugged in if I was doing processor heavy stuff in Photoshop since it would pull from the battery when under heavy load to make up for the difference of the underpowered Asus charger. When I went through Asus support they stressed it was not outside specs. The same was the case with a first generation Dell XPS 12.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It is actually because the system is not charging, The smart charging systems like the one in the surface will sometimes wait till it drops below the 95% threshold before the charging kicks in again. This is better for the battery than always having it fully charged.

Mohd Naim Ibrahim

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
U should change setting at bios from custom tu adaptive

1. Restart computer

2. When Dell logo is show up, press F2

3. Go to Advance tab

3. Change Advanced Battery Charge Configuration from [Custom] to [Adaptive]

DSC_0049.jpg

Rishita Guha

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
BATTERY PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING IN WINDOWS 10:

Note : Before trying out the below solution, you should try to unplug the charger and remove and reinsert the battery and see if it?s working. Sometimes restarting your PC also fixes this problem. If it?s not working, follow the steps below.

1. Right click on Windows icon to expand out its context menu. Find and click on the option

entry named Device Manager as shown below.

device2.png

device manager in start menu

2. A window named Device Manager will open up. Expand the entry named Batteries by clicking on the side arrow associated with it. As next, right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on the Uninstall option.

device-manager1.png
Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

3. The next step is to click on the tab named Action and then to click on the option Scan for hardware changes.

2016-06-08_14-32-20.png

Scan for hardware changes in windows10

4. Now expand the entry Batteries once again by clicking on the side arrow just like before. As next, right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on the Update Driver Software option.

device3 (1).png

Update Driver Software in windows 10

5. Now you will be asked to choose a method to search for the driver software. If you have the driver all set already, then you can click on the option Browse my computer for driver software. Else you can ask Windows to find the appropriate driver software by itself by clicking on the option Search automatically for updated driver software.

2016-06-08_14-35-48.png
follow it and i think it will surely help.

rajasetan18

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I need a Solution for Microsoft surface pro 3. it says "99% available, plugged in but not charging". I have tried all the Solution on Microsoft technical Solution and from this forum thread and it doesnt work.i am using Microsoft surface pro 3 with the power cord plugged in but as soon i unplug i cant use it with battery. i would like to know what is the problem of this?

1) is it the logic board of Microsoft surface pro 3 ?
2) is it the power cord of Microsoft surface pro 3? as I am going to purchase the new adapter.
3) is it the operationg system of Microsoft surface pro 3?
4) other solutions?

please guys help me to solve this problem as i purchased two years ago and i am using it for a year only and it doesnt work well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett