Battery Life Expectations?

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking my expectations for battery performance are too high maybe because in the beginning of use, back in the summer, I was getting much more but doing less?

Curious what everyone is averaging?

Me, it's about 5.5-6.5 hours.

That means Brightness at 50%.
Outlook running
Office Apps open and using Word/Excel
Using Native Email Metro App
IE up and running and surfing the web often
Syncing to OneNote and Evernote
Emailing (10-20/hour)
Using NextGen periodically for reading
Facebook via IE about 2-3 times per hour

Really no other apps running at all.
Screen is on a lot but at 50% right now

Went from 92% to 64% from 5pm to 7:23pm EST. so about 28% loss in 2:23. Is this to be expected given my usage?

I LOVE the Netflix App..better than on iPad in my opinion..but when I use that I plug in

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is THE impossible thing to answer - unless you have two identically setup machines in the same room on the same wifi, etc, etc. I read loads of reviews about battery life before buying my i7/256gb and I get 'the average' of 5-6 hours, Of what I consider heavy use. But there we have it - what I consider heavy use, is not what someone else would and they won't have the same software as me.

Abdul9

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I also have a similar device like yours and I get at most 5 hours and that barely. I watch lots of HD or full HD videos and surf the web. My screen is less than 50% (around 35%) and yet I still can't get more than that. The funny thing is that my CPU doesn't exceed 30% (worst case scenario for like a minute). What are you doing to make it last 5.5 to 6.5 hours? I only used the browser with nothing running in the background and I've installed the latest firmware.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is THE impossible thing to answer - unless you have two identically setup machines in the same room on the same wifi, etc, etc. I read loads of reviews about battery life before buying my i7/256gb and I get 'the average' of 5-6 hours, Of what I consider heavy use. But there we have it - what I consider heavy use, is not what someone else would and they won't have the same software as me.

BINGO!!

When I'm being lazy and just doing email, web browsing ONLY, 6-9 hours.
When I'm writing code, spreadsheets, word docs, email, and what-ever, it can be just 3-4 hours at the minimum, and sometimes less, or more. When I'm doing CPU/Graphics intensive stuff and the fan kicks in, it shortens the battery life.

One thing to try to improve, is actually use the "Improve power usage" troubleshooter from the control panel. Then lower the screen brightness after it's done. This was mentioned sometime ago, because the defaults really aren't quite right. The troubleshooter corrects them.

IEhrgeizI

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Most of the time I'm just browsing the web and watching the odd Youtube video. Nothing really heavy. It's annoying me quite a lot now and I'm guessing there's only 12months warranty?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven