I have a i5 and streaming videos kills the battery and makes my tablet hot as a oven. I use <website name removed> and watching a 1 hour show drains the battery it went from full to 66%and the fan was screaming the whole time. Any other time i use it its quiet and battery drain is normal. Has anyone else had this issue. Do you know a setting i can change to help
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01-23-2015 at 11:05 AM. Reason: name of illegal streaming site removed
    01-23-2015 10:53 AM
    I would use a different browser. If it is chrome there are known issues with this. Try IE, preferably the modern version much easier on the resources as all the encoding/decoding is done in the hardware instead of the software like Chrome does.
    alvinwooley likes this.
    01-23-2015 02:31 PM
    Thanks I tested using IE and played the same hour long show and only dropped 15%
    01-23-2015 03:00 PM
    I would use a different browser. If it is chrome there are known issues with this. Try IE, preferably the modern version much easier on the resources as all the encoding/decoding is done in the hardware instead of the software like Chrome does.
    I second the Chrome 'issues' - well documented on Windows. I like Chrome, but IE is much better for battery life. I feel like Chrome is always working in the background grabbing usage information from me (I know IE does similar).
    01-25-2015 10:11 AM
    Hi
    I watched a few streaming videos and noticed that my sp3 gets rather warm too, particularly on the right hand side. (Also I notice that it gets rather warm when I charge it in the docking station as opposed to the normal cable.) Im rather wary of watching videos on the sp3 now, as I cant help but think that too much heat will damage some of the internals, just my humble opinion. From now on i'll be doing video streaming on my desktop. I know the sp3 is marketed as being a replacement for everything ......... but my senses tell me that something so flimsy that gets so warm cannot handle it without shortening the life of the product.
    02-02-2015 04:05 PM