Surface pro 3 /4 vs iPad pro

Aryankr21

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Surface pro will always better than iPad pro because it will not have USB port and apple will not add it as Apple is a company for making thin products.
But I am afraid if Apple will be successful in running OS X instead of ios on iPad pro then people will move towards iPad pro.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with u but it can happen because Apple is making is own hardware for iPad pro

Only a small group of people using iOS powered devices are also using Max OS X powered devices. Heck, the majority of MacBook owners I know is even running Windows on these things. Since OS X and iOS have pretty much nothing in common, I doubt that iPad Pros running OS X will attract a lot of those who are currently using iPads.

Aryankr21

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Only a small group of people using iOS powered devices are also using Max OS X powered devices. Heck, the majority of MacBook owners I know is even running Windows on these things. Since OS X and iOS have pretty much nothing in common, I doubt that iPad Pros running OS X will attract a lot of those who are currently using iPads.

I hope ur saying comes true but here in India ms doesn't sell surface line of products. And here if people want to buy tab most of them goes with iPad only ignoring Samsung's tabs which most useless app

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope ur saying comes true but here in India ms doesn't sell surface line of products. And here if people want to buy tab most of them goes with iPad only ignoring Samsung's tabs which most useless app

I think most will stick with the regular iPad. It has all the apps and the UI people are used and accustomed to. And considering Apple and the way they're pricing things, I assume the iPad Pro will be hella expensive.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
So basically are we suggesting that Apple will try and copy Surface Pro - by having it run OSX, maybe a USB port, etc, etc. Microsoft is ahead now with Windows 10 cross hardware support.

I was Apple from 2009 to 2014 and don't regret leaving (still have a Macbook Pro) for a SP3. Got fed up of proprietary software and/or software I wanted not being available on OSX (natively).

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Surface pro will always better than iPad pro because it will not have USB port and apple will not add it as Apple is a company for making thin products.
But I am afraid if Apple will be successful in running OS X instead of ios on iPad pro then people will move towards iPad pro.
How about we wait and see what (if anything) Apple produces with regard to an iPad Pro?

If Apple were to produce an iPad Pro that ran OSX, why would you be afraid of people moving toward it? You should be afraid now because even a minor spec bump in the iPad Air 2 resulted in significantly more sales than the SP3.

I'm puzzled as to how you can claim that "the Surface Pro will ALWAYS better than iPad Pro" when there is currently no iPad Pro.

Aryankr21

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
How about we wait and see what (if anything) Apple produces with regard to an iPad Pro?

If Apple were to produce an iPad Pro that ran OSX, why would you be afraid of people moving toward it? You should be afraid now because even a minor spec bump in the iPad Air 2 resulted in significantly more sales than the SP3.

I'm puzzled as to how you can claim that "the Surface Pro will ALWAYS better than iPad Pro" when there is currently no iPad Pro.

Because iPad pro will never have USB port like surface pro. Its in news that iPad pro will be as thin as iPad air 2. Even pic of iPad pro is out. That's make surface pro better then iPad pro.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Because iPad pro will never have USB port like surface pro. Its in news that iPad pro will be as thin as iPad air 2. Even pic of iPad pro is out. That's make surface pro better then iPad pro.
That's only rumor and speculation at this point... but if you want to flip out in advance, please feel free to do so.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

I don't think apple is going to put OS X on an iPad, regardless if they paste tthe word Pro at the end of the name. They're making too much money on iOS.

IrishBoy0113

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I did. And it's the by far worse Unix based system I ever had to work with.

For ease of use, OS X blows away Windows. Windows has the advantage of being much more customizable though. I have and do use both, Windows 7/8 and OS X Yosemite and each have their advantages. Saying OS X is inferior is an ignorant statement unless you really used it for a substantial amount of time and actually tried to learn to use a different operating system. Maybe you personally don't like it, but saying it is inferior for everyone is just plain wrong.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Just watch how Apple breaks sells records on the iPad pro, while the surface pro 3 doesn't get credit at all. Just wait and see.....

IrishBoy0113

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly enjoying my new Surface Pro 3. I think the iPad Pro, or whatever they will call it, will be a waste unless it runs some version of OS X. That much screen real estate is a useless upgrade to the current iPad Air in my opinion. I think it would be totally awesome to have a touch enabled version of OS X for the iPad Pro. Apple would definitely have a lot of current and new users upgrading to it if they go that route. A bigger iPad Air doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to me and I bet most current Air users wouldn't see much reason to upgrade either. Of course these are just my opinions, but I really do hope Apple releases the iPad Pro with a touch version of OS X. That would be totally awesome.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For ease of use, OS X blows away Windows. Windows has the advantage of being much more customizable though. I have and do use both, Windows 7/8 and OS X Yosemite and each have their advantages. Saying OS X is inferior is an ignorant statement unless you really used it for a substantial amount of time and actually tried to learn to use a different operating system. Maybe you personally don't like it, but saying it is inferior for everyone is just plain wrong.

You may consider my statement as ignorant as you want to, I couldn't care less. I had to use Mac OS X Snow Leopard at work for a couple of months. I personally don't see where it's supposed to be easier or more convenient to use. I may have felt this way because I was used to Windows and the way it works, but I learned all the keyboard shortcuts and whatnot in no time and still wasn't as productive or fast as on Windows.
Yes, calling it inferior was subjective, but if it was on par or even better than Windows, wouldn't it have a much higher user base than it does? Wouldn't we see it in business? Fact is, low user base, pretty much none existent in businesses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077