Does the Surface Pro 3 come with MS Office?

jackelyons

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 and MS Office

Does the Surface Pro 3 come with MS Office or does it have to be bought? The icons (Excel, Word, etc.) are there but when I click on them, I'm asked for an activating key which kind of suggests that it has toy be bought???

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Surface Pro 3 and MS Office

SP3 does not come with an Office license or subscription. You need to purchase it or use one you already own. It is treated the same as all laptops and i series powered hybrids. Even the lower end devices now mostly come with a one year subscription to Office 365 personal edition which is not the same as the free version of Office 2013 Home and Student that shipped in the past. BTW, please do no shoot the messenger. This subject has had one answer since the release of the first SP and it is not changing. Even in Windows 10 which will have touch Office apps, the full version will be a paid license or subscription....

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

You can get Office 365 (full versions of all Apps) and 1tb of OneDrive for FIVE computers - all for ?7.99 per month here in the UK.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

You can upgrade that 1TB of storage to unlimited for free. All you have to do is get on the list and Microsoft will bump you up to 10TB. If you need more, all you have to do is ask.

Buy Office 365 Home

Furthermore, if you are a student, check with your college or university. It may have Office 365 already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss