Anyone get "Hey Cortana" working on SP3?

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Ive been talking about Cortana problems on a thread in the Windows 10 forum. For me the "hey Cortana" works, but it doesn't listen past that it immediately shuts down the mic. I've tried adjusting volume and even changing audio sources but nothing seems to correct it.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Can't figure out a solution either. I reported it as a bug through the feedback app and it looked like there were several others having a similar issue. Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update.

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I reported it as well, along with other issues I've been seeing. It's a preview - not even a beta - so I have no concern that these things will improve as we move along the process!

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Ive been talking about Cortana problems on a thread in the Windows 10 forum. For me the "hey Cortana" works, but it doesn't listen past that it immediately shuts down the mic.

I have this same issue but if im quick enough after saying "hey cortana" (like immediatly after) it works - Adam

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Weird how there's different behavior on different SP3s. Some don't work at all, some half work, and some work completely. I wonder what the issue could be. Looks like it's not super common. Hopefully it'll get fixed.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ive been talking about Cortana problems on a thread in the Windows 10 forum. For me the "hey Cortana" works, but it doesn't listen past that it immediately shuts down the mic. I've tried adjusting volume and even changing audio sources but nothing seems to correct it.

Same here

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Oh, i must be so lame, but then I'm new to sp3, like three days new. Ive just had a look through my apps, no Cortana there, and not in app store, so please do tell how i get her on my lovely brand new, unscathed, gleaming sp3 and then i will gladly test her out and get back to you!

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Oh, i must be so lame, but then I'm new to sp3, like three days new. Ive just had a look through my apps, no Cortana there, and not in app store, so please do tell how i get her on my lovely brand new, unscathed, gleaming sp3 and then i will gladly test her out and get back to you!

You need the Windows 10 Technical Preview installed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786