Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
    I use OneNote a lot and would like to be able to share just a single page or a section. All I can seem to do, however, is share an entire Notebook. Does anyone know how to share just a page or section?
    01-29-2015 07:48 PM
    Just tap the page you want to share (from the page choice section) and choose "copy link to page" from the bottom bar menu. Works the same way for the section part.
    01-30-2015 10:30 AM
    Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you talking about the desktop or Metro version? I did figure out how to share a page by using the Charms bar. Is that what you're talking about?
    Last edited by tallarob; 01-30-2015 at 09:00 PM.
    01-30-2015 03:15 PM
    Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you talking about the desktop or Metro version? I did figure out how to share a page by using the Charms bar. Is that what you're talking about?

I'm talking about the Metro version. No, not the charms bar. OneNote Metro is separated in four sections from left to right:
    1) notebooks
    2) sections
    3) pages
    4) the actual page your writing on

Whatever item you tap in 2 or 3 brings up a bar across the bottom of the screen containing a couple of buttons. One of these buttons is labeled "copy link". That's the one you need to use.
    01-31-2015 12:56 AM
    I'm talking about the Metro version. No, not the charms bar. OneNote Metro is separated in four sections from left to right:
    1) notebooks
    2) sections
    3) pages
    4) the actual page your writing on

Whatever item you tap in 2 or 3 brings up a bar across the bottom of the screen containing a couple of buttons. One of these buttons is labeled "copy link". That's the one you need to use.
    Again, I greatly appreciate your reply. I found the "copy link" button and tried to share a section with someone. They got the e-mail and link Ok, but when they tried to open it got a OneNote message that said " We couldn't open that location. It might not exist or you may not have permission to open it". Any idea as to what went wrong?
    02-02-2015 12:25 PM
    You can't do it I'm afraid, you can only set sharing permissions at the notebook level.
    02-26-2015 04:29 AM
    You could make a new notebook that you want to share and copy just the page you want to share from your personal notebook into the shared notebook.
    tallarob likes this.
    02-28-2015 05:56 PM
    Currently it's not possible to share just one section or one page. You have to share the whole workbook.

This has been a sticking point for a while. If you're really concerned and want this to be changed, for what it's worth, place your vote on this Microsoft's OneNote forum suggestion: https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums...s-or-pages-ins
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-25-2015 10:51 PM
    If you use the desktop version what you can do is export it to a PDF and share the PDF file via email
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Good News! The OneNote team at Microsoft has now enabled sharing of a single page from OneNote from the Universal app!

You can now go to a page in the Universal app, and click on 'Share' and generate a share-able link to that page, which you can pass around. This link will be viewable in the browser.

For more details please check the response on UserVoice for this feature: https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums...s-or-pages-ins

Thanks
    Sameeksha

Microsoft
    EMitchell, rdubmu and mtf1380 like this.
    11-23-2016 12:46 PM
    Thanks for sharing
    12-13-2016 05:05 PM