Disabling touch except for Surface Pen?

James Gray II

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to use an Adobe program, like Adobe Illustrator, and have it only respond to touch events from the Surface Pen. I see that the Surface Pro 3 is smart enough to recognize when the Surface Pen tip is close to the screen, so is there a setting to limit the touch capabilities of the Surface to only recognize the Surface Pen's activity?

The reason I ask is because I'm finding when I'm using tool like a brush tool, it seems somewhat easy for my hand to cause unwanted marks to appear when I, for example, attempt to rest my palm on the screen or brush my hand against the screen, or something like that.

Thanks!

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I dont think there is an option for that right now....but that is a great idea. we need a way to toggle that option on and off. I will go now and request that on the Surface Hub App.

I want this option too!

violet182

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Tray Touch Toggle
This program consists of an icon that sits in the system tray and that allows you to toggle touch on/off. Just download , extract the exe file from the zip file anywhere on your computer, and double-click the exe file to launch the program. You can add this program to your Windows Startup menu. The supporting files are installed here: C:\Program Files\Apps for Tablet PC\Tray Touch Toggle 1_0.

- This app uses a method that's pretty popular on this forum where you enable/disable the HID device that is responsible for touch input. So before you can use Tray Touch Toggle, once you launch it it will ask you to set it up (you can also access the setup window by right-clicking on the tray icon). The main challenge here is to identify the correct HID device.
You will have to google tray touch toggle...I can't post links yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire