SP3 as reader?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've got at small question. Is anybody using the SP3 as a reader? Would seem kind of big I know but the note taking capability with the Nook or Kindle apps I find useful (I'm a doctoral student). Anyway, just curious of others experiences or if they use it in this way at all. Thanks

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So I've got at small question. Is anybody using the SP3 as a reader? Would seem kind of big I know but the note taking capability with the Nook or Kindle apps I find useful (I'm a doctoral student). Anyway, just curious of others experiences or if they use it in this way at all. Thanks

Yes. I use mine everyday as a reader. I use both the Nook and Kindle apps, and another one called Book Visor. It works great and it is lighter and less cumbersome than a full sized hardcover book.

I usually hold it in my lap, but I've been able to hold it one handed fairly comfortably for several minutes at a time with out feeling stiff or getting sore.

azlkk

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
My Surface Pro 3 replaced a Sony reader. I thought that the size would be a problem but it's worked out fine.

My only problem is battery life on long transcontinental flights. If I watch a movie there isn't much battery life left for reading.

hlov

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
All the time, it's the best PDF reader on portrait mode just select one page mode and ready to rock and also Zinio is impressive on it

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I use the sp3 add a dedicated reader all the time! Pdfs, contracts, journals and literature in general - the sp3 is fantastic four this. For reading, ie before bed, I use a kindle voyage. I personally think having a telly jammed in the eye is not conducive for a good night's sleep. For everything, sp3 is great!

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
It makes a great reader, especially for PDFs and technical documents. Kindle and Nook are so-so on it (the iOS versions are actually better and text rendering on iOS is superior to the ClearType rendering on Windows), but it is still quite satisfactory on the SP3. If reading is your primary goal, you might want to wait on installing the Windows 10 TP though. Kindle is still a bit buggy running on Windows 10TP on the SP3, but I'm sure that will be fixed by release time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3