Tips for removing Pen Loop on Type Cover 3?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I recently bought a Surface Pro 3 and attached the Pen Loop to my Type Cover 3. However, after I while, I'm not entirely happy with the location (on the left side). Is there a way to safely remove the Pen Loop? Don't really care if I need to buy a new Pen Loop (only 5 euro's at Microsoft Store), but I'm afraid removing the loop will leave ugly stains or even damage the soft surface of the type cover. Any suggestions of how to safely remove the loop?

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I just took my pen loop off my type cover normally, however it wasn't really secure and it was attached to my tablet for about a week, however if the pen loop has been stuck to the type cover for longer I would inquire about the matter further to see if any other people have had stains after removing the pen loop.

Hope this helps!

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, mine's been attached for quite some time now (over a month or so). If I peel sliiightly, I can already see the white yarn-like glue, so I doubt I can just peel it off normally. Anyone else with experience on this topic, if you can just clean your type cover afterwards? Don't want to ruin my 130 euro type cover.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, just took the gamble myself, for sience. If anyone likes to know:pen loop came off better than expected. Did leave some glue, but bought a bottle of glue remover and that did the trick. In some light you can still see the mark of the pen loop, but I think it will get less after a few days of usage. Pen loop is not usable anymore, as expected, but I'm not planning on using one again. And otherwise I can still buy a new one for 5 euros.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720