Surface Pro 3 Dual Boot

Dradzk

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone here has any success getting the Surface to dual boot Windows 8.1 and 10? I have been unsuccessful thus far, but my knowledge of computers is only to that point where I can get myself into big trouble if I am not careful. Hense, I decided to ask for suggestions before I brick my computer.

My situation thus far. I have successfully partitioned my hard drive, but I seem to be having issues after that. I reconfigured the bios to boot from usb, and tried messing with both secure boot and Bitlocker, but I am now back where I started. Any tips or tricks that I might be missing? SP3 i5 256GB if it matters.

Thanks!

Posted via my HTC One (M7)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have my SP3 setup to dual boot W8.1 and W10.

You need to turn off bitlocker on the partition you created for W10 and also make sure it if formatted as NTFS. Then during the install of W10, you need to choose 'Custom' and then select the W10 partition you created.

Satorindley

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Is there a proper guide for this. (I am quite unexperienced with this but would really like to try Windows 10 Natively without damaging this beautiful Surface Pro 3. (i5 8GB))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven