Serious question about SP3 smells

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Some people have seen my other post re exchanging my third SP3 for a fourth. During my latest call with support today they said they would honor my warranty because of the array of other issues but claimed it is not unusual for a SP3 to smell. I have set up multiple SP1s, SP2s, and SP3s, including the three prior SP3s in this saga. Regardless of any other issues, none have ever smelled like, for lack of a better description, a hot glue gun. This is potent enough to smell while it is sitting on a table rendering images in Lightroom, and I do not have a good sense of smell due to severe allergies. After pressing the person they backed off the statement and said the are known to occasionally run warn. I responded by saying I was well aware they could run warm at times but that is not the same as smelling one's computer. Since, however, the person made the comment, I am curious as to whether anyone else had ever smelled their SP3 when the processor was under load? Again, this its not the residual smell of plastic packaging - best approximation would be that of hot plastic adhesive or a hot glue gun.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if they are from a different batch of dodgy glue, as you can see why heating could give off a solvent smell?

Can't say I've noticed anything with mine. What model was it?

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
When I first got My Surface Pro 3 I noticed a smell too, but this was only when the fan kicked in. After about a week or two there was no smell when the fan kicked in, so just like eusty I'm going to put it down to the glue.
(i5/256gb SP3)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99