Hey Cortana not working

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
On my SP3 Win10 latest fast build release, Hey Cortana does not work. Neither does Learn My Voice in the settings. Anyone else experiencing this?

TabletWriter

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 and SP3 seem to have a problem with the internal microphone. From build to build, the functionality changes. I can't get it to work on the current build UNLESS I plug in my headset. Then it works. Without, I can say "Hey Cortana" until I'm blue in the face, and she just sits there, smugly, totally ignoring me.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue, even when i click the cortana button she pops up then dissapears almost immediately it works probably one in 20 tries - Adam

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep, ran into the same thing. But just with Cortana. Skype, and the built in speech to text worked just fine with the internal microphones.

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
HEY I GOT THIS PROBLEM Here's a Neat fix

Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar then go to RECORDING
You'll see two Microphone devices in there.
RIGHT CLICK on the internal microphone which appears to be SP3's Microphone CHOOSE set as default device
:D

I hope this works coz it works for me :)

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
mmmm..

I've only Headset Microphone (which isn't plugged in) and Microphone Array. The strange thing is I did have another source (which has been removed) which had a microphone boost option which is missing on the other. The levels are too low IMHO, sometimes she works others not.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Other than the Cortana bug, its working great!

Try restarting. I had this same problem on my SP3 with Win10 RTM. After a restart it was working again. I've also run into this same bug on my Lumia Icon. It will work a few times then not respond to, "Hey Cortana." On both devices, I restart and it seems to work for a while.

I didn't think Surface Pro three 3 run it yet. Other than Cortana, how is it running for you?

Yes, it does with Win10.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Simillar issues with my aspire 5755G and my PC usinh P5G41 TM LX board. Hey cortana learn my voice but never response but understand when i click her manually

violet182

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Try choosing the microphone array under sound settings and click configure. Once completed successfully, Cortana now responds to hey Cortana. I had to try configure a few times before competing successfully though.

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same bug after my device returns from sleep. Both Hey Cortana and Cortana's voice service would go dead. A restart will do but I don't like having to restart every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss