Is it possible to restore the SP3 factory image partition?

Talldog

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
After problems with the Win10 upgrade and working with MS online techs, they recommended that I either reset or roll back to 8.1. I found that I couldn't do either because apparently my recovery environment had somehow gotten trashed. I downloaded the USB recovery image and was able to blast everything and reset to 8.1 and do a clean Win10 upgrade, but now my 5.5Gb recovery image partition shows as unallocated and if I go into reset, I no longer have the third option to return to the factory image.

I know that the USB recovery image gives me what I need, but I don't need that 5.5Gb and I'd like to have the factory image back where it belongs. Is that possible, and if so, how is it done?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The SP3 USB recovery zip from Microsoft, should recreate the partition. But you need to select "repartition drive" in the recovery process. I can't remember exactly when it comes up, but it's in there.

If by chance you did select that option, and it isn't there. You might have bigger issues, and it may warrant a replacement SP3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills