Microsoft edge not playing nice

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I've run into that too. I think it's because it's really new, and Microsoft is still releasing extensions to make Edge work properly on different sites. Back in the '90s, during the Browser Wars between Microsoft and Netscape, I ran into this where Netscape Navigator worked on one website, but Internet Explorer wouldn't and vice versa. Web designers would have an icon, usually towards the bottom of the web page showing which browser(s) their site was compatible with, or was optimized for. Eventually, web designers started coding their websites to work with both browsers, and you would see both the Netscape Navigator and Internet Explore icons on the page.

For historical trivia, Microsoft eventually won the Browser Wars even though it got into legal trouble by making IE part of the OS and not a separate program. The EU slapped it with some hefty fines and required that all versions of Windows allow users to uninstall IE, and to remove the IE icon from the desktop. Netscape was eventually bought by AOL and went the way of the dodo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos