Just How Bad Is Windows 10?

ar-7

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I have been leaning towards moving from a Macbook to the Surface Pro once the 4th one comes out. (safe to assume it's coming) However, I have some concerns after reading through some of these threads about Windows 10.

It seems that Windows 10 has an incredible amount of bugs that need worked out. It also needs a lot of enhancements for tablet mode from what I have read on here.

Is Windows 10 on the Surface Pro really all that bad as in you wouldn't recommend it? I might be reading too many negative experiences with the device since Windows 10 came out.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen any bugs really. My main complaint is edge needs work and I miss the way windows 8.1 work as I dislike the new start screen and menu. But other than that it is a good update and I don't have much issues with it on my surface

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
No big bug issues. There are improvements that could be made on the included apps and they are being improved but the updated are slower than desired.

Also, you have to remember that windows 10 and 8.1 users are huge, so you will have preferences in terms how they want things. Alot of the complaints are just preferences. Some of them can be turned on and off and customized. Some are legit.

The idea that it is worse for tablet than 8.1 is true and false at the same time. For 8.1 users, there is a change in interface so they will feel awkward at first. The Edge explorer does not have a full screen mode which was available in 8.1. The start screen scroll is vertical instead of horizontal.

Since you are not a windows 8.1 user, you will not have preconceived notion of how things are supposed to work.

Overall, windows 10 works pretty well in tablet and desktop mode. I have it on surface pro 1 and played around alot with it on surface pro 3.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen any major bugs too. There are some improvements that can be made; for example, tablet mode is still a little hokey with the SP3. Also, you can't synch OneDrive to a SD card which, for me, renders having a 128microSD card kinda worthless. At least for now. Microsoft Edge was built from the ground up, so it is going through its growing pains.

Like Rising Mos said, most complaints are about preference and not about any thing substantial. So don't believe the hype. From what I've read, Windows 10 is being received very well by the general public.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10, as a clean install, is flawless. Very few bugs to be found. New stock universal apps are meh, but that's another topic

smunro622

May 30, 2015
Visit site
does 1 drive sync to the tablet? i am desktop 8.1 user and like it, i have a second drive as i have 1.2 tb on one drive. I do not want one drive syncing on the SP3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos