Putting Pro 3 into hibernate

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I like to use the hibernate state when I put my Pro 3 into my bag for long periods of time, rather than just using the sleep state by closing the type cover. But I'm not really sure how long to wait after selecting hibernate before closing the type cover. If it's still in the hibernation process, I don't want it to just go to sleep because I've closed the type cover. I've been waiting until the type cover backlight goes out, any ideas how long I should really have to wait?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I used the Group Policy Editor method to make hibernation available as a power-down choice. But once I select hibernate, it takes some amount of time to actually enter into hibernation. I don't think I can select hibernation, and then immediately close the type cover, as this would activate the Instant Go low-power state. My question is how long after selecting hibernate has it actually entered the hibernate state.

What makes me question this, when waking back up, there are times it takes a few seconds to come back to responsive life, other times, it's a second or two at most. So there does seem to be some kind of minimum time needed to enter hibernation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss