New guy here: How well does the Surface Pro 3/Pro 4 run emulators?

W

WPCentral Question

Hi guys! I'm new here and I have a couple of questions regarding gaming on the Surface Pro 3 and 4.

I'm thinking of buying a top-of-the-line SP and I'm planning of using it as sort of a portable all-in-one console. I'm looking to run emulators for PS1, N64, PS2, GameCube and Wii, maybe some emulators for SNES and DS as well. I do own a gaming laptop but they are quite bulky to lug around. I'm not looking to play Crysis 3 or Battlefield on the Surface Pro models, but I do hear that running emulators requires quite a bit of horsepower for the games to run smoothly.

Here are my questions:
1) What are the best emulators for the systems I mentioned and where can I find them?
2) How well does the Surface Pro 3 run these emulators in terms of FPS and general playability? What can I do to make them run smoothly?
3) Will the Surface Pro 4, with the new Skylake processor, run emulated games even better (in theory at least)?

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated :)

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm new here and I have a couple of questions regarding gaming on the Surface Pro 3 and 4.

I'm thinking of buying a top-of-the-line SP and I'm planning of using it as sort of a portable all-in-one console. I'm looking to run emulators for PS1, N64, PS2, GameCube and Wii, maybe some emulators for SNES and DS as well. I do own a gaming laptop but they are quite bulky to lug around. I'm not looking to play Crysis 3 or Battlefield on the Surface Pro models, but I do hear that running emulators requires quite a bit of horsepower for the games to run smoothly.

Here are my questions:
1) What are the best emulators for the systems I mentioned and where can I find them?
2) How well does the Surface Pro 3 run these emulators in terms of FPS and general playability? What can I do to make them run smoothly?
3) Will the Surface Pro 4, with the new Skylake processor, run emulated games even better (in theory at least)?

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated :)
Yes to all of it, sorry not got time to explain but yes XD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos