Questions on logo - did research and nothing came up

fitcious

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've been researching and even called MS retail phone line and I haven't gotten a straight answer.

Here's my question:

I just bought a used SP3 on CL and the gentleman told me he bought it only a month ago. My friend has a SP3 as well and this is what triggered my question.

Both of our kickstand has the SURFACE word on it but if you lift up the kickstand, my SP3 and his SP3 is different. His have the window logo with the 4 squares and right below it is the capacity, while mine just says Microsoft and right below it says 256gb. Why the difference? Is this because of the different manufacturing date?

Any help? Thanks in advance

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Mine has the Windows logo, but below it says Microsoft Windows 8 Pro below it, does his?

I'm guessing a later one with W10 installed maybe has omitted this?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Not a great photo as it's a bit dark where I am...but you get the idea :smile:
WP_20151107_23_49_42_Pro [2463264].jpg

Last edited:

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Have you got one of the newer pro 3's?
Microsoft could've changed the back panel design when releasing the 'newer' Pro 3's (e,g. 128gb, core i3)

fitcious

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if mine is newer or not but different than my friend's. I bought it used off craigslist and the seller said he only had it since September 2015.

If it is newer, aside from the different back panel, are the newer ones better or worst than the original SP3?

And btw, I went to MS store today and they have never heard of SP3 having a different back....

Last edited:

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Did you find out why the back of your surface was different then?

Anyway, by 'newer' I meant that Microsoft released Surfaces (Pro 3) with different specs in June

fitcious

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Did you find out why the back of your surface was different then?

Anyway, by 'newer' I meant that Microsoft released Surfaces (Pro 3) with different specs in June

Nope, did not figure out why it is different. still no answers - hopefully this community can shed some light onto this.

What specs were different? My SP3 is the i5, 256, 8 gig. Aren't these the same as the 'older' SP3?

Thanks

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Nope, did not figure out why it is different. still no answers - hopefully this community can shed some light onto this.

What specs were different? My SP3 is the i5, 256, 8 gig. Aren't these the same as the 'older' SP3?

Thanks

I also have that model, (256gb, 8gb RAM, i5) I know that one of the new variants is: 128gb, 8gb RAM with an i7 processor. I think they [Microsoft] brought out the different variants so that low memory systems can have a lot of power, but at a lower cost.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok just received my SP3 back after i sent it off for repair, the original 16 month old device had the old logo on the back eusty posted above and my new device is the same as yours fitcious, so basically they have just updated the logo on the back of the device - Adam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb