Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
    How does this work for you after the fall update?

I posted a question in the Cortana forum (but there have been much in the way of comments), but I thought I'd ask here as well for your thoughts.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/cor...ndwriting.html
    11-14-2015 03:13 AM
    It's easy. You open Cortana click on the lightbulb button; then create a reminder. you should see a box click it and it will go into handwriting mode.
    11-15-2015 12:16 AM
    You open Cortana click on the lightbulb button
    Yup that's easy to do

then create a reminder
    Done that, but say I create a reminder, I click the 'remember too...' box with the pen, but it doesn't go into handwriting mode. I can being up the handwriting 'keyboard' up manually, but that's not what the screenshots show.
    Paul Foulkes likes this.
    11-15-2015 05:33 PM
    Apparently...

It is only available in the insider builds right now. You have to subscribe as an insider and install the latest build from Microsoft to get this option.
    11-15-2015 05:39 PM
    Apparently...

It is only available in the insider builds right now. You have to subscribe as an insider and install the latest build from Microsoft to get this option.
    Not true. I am not running Windows Insider. It is part of the Nov update that was released last week.

Yup that's easy to do

Done that, but say I create a reminder, I click the 'remember too...' box with the pen, but it doesn't go into handwriting mode. I can being up the handwriting 'keyboard' up manually, but that's not what the screenshots show.
    Here is what it supposed to look like.

If you can't do this, then you probably don't have the Nov update yet. MSFT pushed out some other updates in conjunction with the Nov update.

Follow this link to trigger the update: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=ttE-QRR6)

slide1.jpg

slide2.jpg
    WPit likes this.
    11-16-2015 06:08 PM
    Working flawlessly after the Nov. Update! New SP3 user here.

Off-topic, one nice feature I discovered was the personalized handwriting recognition feature for Portuguese, my mother language. Wasn`t there first time I tried accessing it (I had only the Portuguese keyboard installed at this time). Then I installed the whole Portuguese language pack and thought, ok, maybe I got this now. Nothing. Then I uninstalled the language pack, deleted the Portuguese keyboard, cause in onenote I suddenly couldn`t handwrite using the Portuguese keyboard, and finally reinstalled only the Portuguese keyboard, leaving the English one of course as my main windows language setup. Voila. The personalized handwriting recognition feature appeared and I`m very, very happy, as you can imagine. Even setup a reminder with Cortana handwriting. Good luck guys. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by WPit; 11-18-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    gernerttl likes this.
    11-17-2015 04:00 AM
    Not true. I am not running Windows Insider. It is part of the Nov update that was released last week.

Not in UK! I haven't got it on my SP3 with the November update

Here is what it supposed to look like.

If you can't do this, then you probably don't have the Nov update yet. MSFT pushed out some other updates in conjunction with the Nov update.

Follow this link to trigger the update: Windows 10)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide1.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	116396

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide2.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	116397
    11-24-2015 11:23 AM
    Is this available in UK? I am running 1511 ( 10586.11 ) and this does NOT appear on my SP3.
    Cortana never speaks either. I think Cortana outside of the US is still very limited
    11-24-2015 11:27 AM
    Oh, I see. No I don't think the UK got it. At least the Cortana part. Cortana is still being rolled out for non-US users. It's kinda like how it rolled out when Microsoft updated its phones from Windows Phone 8 to Windows Phone 8.1. Cortana was US only, then as more languages became available, they pushed it out to those users.
    11-24-2015 05:41 PM
    Cortana never speaks either
    She speaks for for me! I'm running the same HW and SW as you and am in the UK....weird!
    Paul Foulkes likes this.
    11-26-2015 04:13 PM