SP3 Intel Graphics Driver Crash after upgrade to v1511

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's happened to me a couple of times now. I just updated my drivers...we'll see.

Update: Everything seems to be working better. It also seems to have fixed some other weird issues that I was having.

Last edited:

drmodify

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
yeah had that too when I was playing simple games. now what happened is when I opened the SP3 from sleep it just was a black screen

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have that black screen problem too. I can see notifications and Cortana reminders on the bottom right and dismiss them, but everything else is black. Could it be an issue with Spotlight?

Charlie Pelosi1

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
This Intel driver fixed all the crashes I was having. However, I notice that while on battery sometimes the screen seems the flicker the brightness. It is very only very slightly so, but if I plug in the power it stops. An example is the polar bear on BING today, his fur seems to flash a little. It is not auto brightness as that option doesn't affect this.

I've only had my SP3 since Thanksgiving, so I'm not sure if it did this with the old driver from 1511 as well.

Has anyone else noticed this "flashing"? Also, with this driver installed will we still get the next driver update through Windows Update?

Thanks!

bartclan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Exact same problem here, and not being able to finish a solitaire game was irritating me. Finally thought I might find some help here, and I did. I had tried re-installing the drivers and the Intel site with the same "this isn't the driver you're looking for" message. I'll go back and try the proposed solution again and report back. Thanks folks!

bartclan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After reinstalling the driver, I was able to play a full day's worth of challenges in MS Solitaire without a video driver error. Many thanks for this post and the assistance!

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Updated to latest preview last night and I have not had crashing graphics driver yet with the MS driver (Driver version 10.18.15.4256). Lets see if it works now during my work day.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Updated to latest preview last night and I have not had crashing graphics driver yet with the MS driver (Driver version 10.18.15.4256). Lets see if it works now during my work day.

Had no graphics errors until I reinstalled the 10/2015 hardware update. Then the problem returned. Back to reinstall Intels drivers then everything works again.

Mathieu Ackermann

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The Intel driver worked for me for a while. But the other day I was docked to the Surface Dock (the newest one) and I suddenly experienced a major crash of the video driver. Everything flickered on both the tablet and the external screen, then both went black. I forced a reboot with the power button and after reboot the video card had a yellow exclamation mark on the device manager. I had to restore the original driver to make it work again. Now I'm back with the freezes in edge and office... when will they upgrade this damn driver officially?!

Charlie Pelosi1

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I can not see how MS can let this buggy driver that crashes constantly go for so long with out a fix. I am still using the Intel driver linked in this thread and it works, but the flickering of the backlight while using battery is annoying. This really is inexcusable on Microsoft's part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon