SP3 Intel Graphics Driver Crash after upgrade to v1511

markh123

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else getting constant Intel Driver Graphics crashes on their SP3 since the update to v1511 (build 10586.3)?
I can easily reproduce it every time by playing about half a game of pyramid in solitaire in windowed mode.
Pretty disappointing that MS can't even give us stable drivers for their own hardware.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Like I've stated in another thread in Win10 forum, the upgrade process has a high chance of corrupting your graphics driver, in addition to storage drivers and possible others. I highly recommend reinstalling all drivers after update.

markh123

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
hi James, thanks for this - do you have a recommendation for the best way to get the correct drivers? Until now I've let Windows Update do all the driver installs on my SP3 - thought it would be the safest way.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Like I've stated in another thread in Win10 forum, the upgrade process has a high chance of corrupting your graphics driver, in addition to storage drivers and possible others. I highly recommend reinstalling all drivers after update.

How was this not caught during testing? it's their OWN product for Christ's sake!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
hi James, thanks for this - do you have a recommendation for the best way to get the correct drivers? Until now I've let Windows Update do all the driver installs on my SP3 - thought it would be the safest way.

the way I would do it go to device manager, delete the driver, reboot and driver should reinstalled on the reboot.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I thought I was the only one. I was in the middle of completing a report under the Surface Support site because mines crashing multiple times the last few days. Gonna try this and see whats up. Its kinda pitiful that they haven't upgraded their driver since 7-17-15.

markh123

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
deleting the driver and rebooting didn't resolve the issue. Also tried running the surface pro 3 msi installer from official ms site. Still repeatedly will crash a minute into playing a game of solitaire. Any ideas what to try next? I don't really care about Solitaire, but I need to do a round of video editing on this device soon, and concerned that I will end up losing work because of this.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. It helped for a day. Just got a crash again 24hrs later after doing the reinstall. I'm playing Star Wars Commander when it crashes. That game also makes the fan whine.

Just tweeted @SurfaceSupport about it again.

K Long

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting....no change. This just started after the latest udate this week. I've tried several things but not being a computer expert I almost crashed the whole thing a couple nights ago. Hope somebody fixes this soon... But I'm glad to have found this forum and realize it wasn't just something I did that screwed it up. Thanks.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
I installed the latest drivers from Intels site and have no more crashes. Strange that it wont work with Microsofts own drivers?

markh123

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
can I ask how you did that? I tried to install the latest graphics drivers from Intel's site but it told me "the driver is not validated for this computer"

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed the latest drivers from Intels site and have no more crashes. Strange that it wont work with Microsofts own drivers?

Yeah, I have to ask too, how you did that because I got a notice that they were not compatible and could not be installed.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the latest driver from Intel. In device manager chose update driver and pointed to the new Intel driver and got it installed. Never had driver crashes since that.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded 3different zip files of drivers and tried them all. I get a response that the best (current broken one) driver is currently installed.

Could u please provide the details or link to the version you used?

markh123

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
It won't let me install even if I browse to the downloaded driver. It tells me I already have the most appropriate driver installed.
I'm starting to see these crashes more regularly now, when using Word for example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo