OneDrive Now Synchs to microSD Card!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I had to replace my SP3 because of the yellow band down the left side issue. The new one came in yesterday pre-loaded with Windows 10. After running all of the updates, I set up OneDrive. It didn't ask me where I wanted to synch (which was weird), but when choosing folders, it allowed me to change the synch location. On a lark, I selected my microSD card, and it didn't tell me, "no" like previous times. Did Microsoft fix that issue, or was it because mine came with Windows 10 installed instead of an upgrade like my previous SP3 had?

At any rate, OneDrive is working like I need it to again.

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Funnily enough, I just reconfigured my SP3 to do this very thing since upgrading the SD card to a bigger card. I naively always thought this was available but you're saying it wasn't before. My SP3 has been upgraded to Windows 10 and it is syncing beautifully to the SD card so maybe a recent Windows Update enabled this feature.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It has to be an update then. When I was installing updates, one of them said it was updating OneDrive. I guess Microsoft fixed that bug.

Previously, when I was on Win 8.1 it synched with my microSD card no problems. When I upgraded to Win 10 on my old SP3, it wouldn't allow me to synch with the microSD card. I had to create a work around that wasn't very reliable.

I have a few more updates that need to be installed...I just hope that those updates don't unfix the OneDrive bug...

Update: All updates installed, SP3 rebooted and all seems well. Thank you Microsoft for fixing this.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss