Display driver stopped responding and has recovered... any fix?

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Seasons Greetings,

Does anyone know if there is any fix to the infamous (and annoying) Windows 8 graphic driver crash?
As in the space of around 10 minutes my pro 3 "crashed" 3 times (whilst in tablet mode)
Screenshot (51).png

Thanks in advance!

Streak Leader

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got my SP3 for Christmas. I have been using it for ordinary every day-type of stuff. Today, I started played Minecraft Story Mode and I get this error about every 10 minutes.

@Guzzler3: Does what you have suggested actually fix the issue? I'm a bit hesitant to try this...

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I too was having this issue, constantly. The other day I decided to try doing a manual install of the video drivers, and so far I haven't had an issue.
I went to Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center and downloaded, extracted the files. Dove down the folders to drivers/display and in each folder did a right click/install on each of the .inf files.

Give a try, and see if it helps.

Do you know which files need selecting?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The download link you should scroll down and select the SurfacePro3_Win8x_151026_1.zip file. Download that, extract it, then dive down to the \SurfacePro3_Win10_151026_2\Drivers\Display directory.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I've downloaded both .ZIP files and gone to display directory (...151026_2 .ZIP file is to the right) do you know what I need to download?
Screenshot (58).jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (58).jpg
    Screenshot (58).jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 3

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, you got the files, just into each directory (DisplayAudio, Graphics, SurfaceDisplayCalibration) and find the .INF file (also marked as a "Setup Information" file type if you have "hide extensions for known file type" enabled), right click and select Install. If I remember, the calibration will ask for a reboot when it's done.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok I've downloaded the files marked .INF (but no system reboot from calibration) and fingers crossed that the display driver doesn't crash!

Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos