Surface pro 3 suddenly not recognizing keyboard, what could the problem be?

W

WPCentral Question

Surface pro 3 suddenly not recognising keyboard

Set up a new Lenovo x51 laoptop yesterday and it synched settings from my mocrosoft account. Not the screen auto rotation doesn't work on the Surface and it doesn't recosnise the keyboard. Any ideas?

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Surface pro 3 suddenly not recognising keyboard

Not sure about the auto-rotate but have you tried doing a hard reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Try connecting to the internet and check for Windows updates, may be there is an update waiting to fix it. Or as suggested, perform a reset from Settings >> System and select the option to keep files and programs and only reset the settings to default. This will ensure you don't loose any progress made until now.

Mahdi Medi

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

- Shutdown your Surface pro 3.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for, at least, 15 seconds.
- The screen may flash the Surface logo or other things but keep the buttons held for the 15 seconds.
- When you release them, your Surface 3 or Surface Pro 1/2/3 should be powered off. Wait at least 10 seconds and then turn it on normally.
Hopefully, this fix will do the trick.

Stump3r

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I had this happen to me as well! Unfortunately the only fix that would work was to completely wipe my surface and do a fresh image install of Windows 10. I spent hours on the phone with support and this was the only fix that worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos