Help! My surface pro 3 display driver has stopped responding and the display is just black!

Sab2468

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
After updating to Windows 10 on my SP3, iv'e been encountering messages about my display driver not responding. Usually my screen turns black for a second or two, but i was just on groove music and google chrome, when the fan started to make noises like crazy,(louder than normal) and the error appeared again but this time, the black screen is just there and the toast notification is just stuck there and it isn't going away. I know that there have been updates to the SP3 and Surface 3 about fixing display driver problems etc. but i haven't got an update for it yet and wasn't thinking of doing so because people reported problems like pen problems and stuff but this is just weird and its a major problem :( I know how to update drivers and stuff but being 16, i'm a novice and i'm freaking out mad style! Iv'e took it out of charge, and unplugged my headphones and USB stick. If anyone's got any advice or help please reply. Many, many many thanks! :)

Sab2468

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Update - i couldn't shut it off, so i had to drain the battery and start it up again but after i turned it on and updated it two days after (which is today) so i'll have to see whether the problem still persists. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6