Pinch to zoom excellent in Edge but poor in OneNote?

Seb_Rattansen

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
So, coming back from a MBP, I'm used to using gestures...lots. I put off getting a Surface until I saw Microsoft had finally (apparently) nailed the touchpad on the Surface Pro 4. I then went out and got a SP3 and the new type cover.

My problem is pinch to zoom. I've noticed it works great in Edge, probably on a par with a MBP and OSX. But in other apps, even MS apps, it's much more annoying. For example OneNote. I'm constantly battling to get the right zoom.

Am I missing something? Is there a special way to do it or a setting I need to change to make it work properly? Why does it work so well in Edge but not other apps?

Cheers :)

TechnologyTwitt

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this post - Outlook & Onenote 2016 are very boss but on an SP3 they really shine and can't wait to use them.

I'm also a Macbook (Air) user & long time Apple user (iPad Pro, iPhone 6 Plus, etc). I ordered a SP3 256,8 and expect it around the 8th. Although I use Office 365 on both OS X & Windows, since I'm in a Windows infested workplace, I wanted something that (seemingly) is a device as fun as it is fast & functional. I hope the SP3 meets & exceeds my expectations.

Seb_Rattansen

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm also in a "Windows infested workplace" :) OneNote and its integration with Office is very cool. Pretty much seamless integration between work and home. I used to use Evernote a lot but I'm now using OneNote almost all the time. Much as I like Evernote, it can't match OneNote's integration with Office.

Also being able to write on the screen when I feel like it is very cool.

Overall happy with the purchase :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon