[SP3] Bluetooth keyboard question?

kelton

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
In the past, I had to put a little bluetooth, usb thingy into my PC when connecting a wireless keyboard.

Is that necessary with the surface?...or will most modern, common bluetooth keyboards/mice function without issue?

(is there anything I need to look for?...like, "compatible with windows 10"...or some such thing?)

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
In the past, I had to put a little bluetooth, usb thingy into my PC when connecting a wireless keyboard.

Is that necessary with the surface?...or will most modern, common bluetooth keyboards/mice function without issue?

No. The SP3 has built in BT. That is how the Surface Pen connects.

(is there anything I need to look for?...like, "compatible with windows 10"...or some such thing?)

Any standard BT keyboard and mouse will work. I have the SP4 Type Cover though, so I don't have a BT keyboard. I use the Bluetooth Arc Mouse though. It works really well.

kelton

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Of course, but when docked, I want to have the luxury of a full sized keyboard and mouse...along with the big monitor.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Danariel

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
If I had a dock, I'd use my corded mouse and keyboard - but then, I'm a gamer, and I have a Logitech G502 and a Corsair K70. The SP3 is also not going to be my desktop replacement, since I have a Game/Graphic Design ready rig that I got last month. The SP3 is my on-the-go PhotoShop rig, or for when I want to work/play from the couch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12