[Sorry] Another cooling fan thread...

markreed

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I know there's a millions threads on this all over the place, but I just can't find a solution. I've had my sp3 i7 on win 10 for a week now (made all updates on first day) and when i have this plugged into the power cable the fans run full blast all the time no matter what i'm doing, even tho cpu is like 1%. When it's not plugged in it's quiet as a mouse.

Am I stuck with this?

thanks

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I get a lot of fan on my sp3 still on windows 8.1 when docked, driving 2 24"monitors.

when alone and plugged in, I still get fans but less

When unplugged it's pretty silent most of the time I find.

markreed

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
i'm guessing it's heat of battery then, when charging, I can live with it, but would be nice to find solution, because it's certainly not a quiet fan. When at medium it's ok but most of the time they are on full

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm a fan of the Surface Pro 3. Oh, right, not that kind of fan.

I only notice mine when running something intensive, like bluestacks. Mine's the i5 though, not the i7. That probably makes a difference.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
i'm guessing it's heat of battery then, when charging, I can live with it, but would be nice to find solution, because it's certainly not a quiet fan. When at medium it's ok but most of the time they are on full

Find a first gen Lenovo Helix, then you'll know what loud means :D

markreed

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
is the sp4 any better for this? I do play to upgrade at some point, i was originally going to get s4 but when I saw this at ?450 I had to grab it

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it's more the fact the sound reminds me of the days before digital when a tv channel was not tuned it

a hushing sound is better than the whiny pitch sound of my first gen lenovo helix :D

About your screen brightness, I find I'm often at 50% on my SP3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss