[UP] Kickstand - How is it like?

Louis Preaux

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I wanted to ask everyone with a SP3 to answer this question:
- How is your kickstand like?

For me, it has got some play when opened, and it makes some noise when I poke it when closed.

Thanks for your feedback :)

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't have much play when open for use, it's pretty stiff. If it's just barely open, then it does have more play, but when it's open enough to actually use, it's very solid. When it's closed, I don't hear anything if it push on it.

Louis Preaux

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by EMitchell
Mine doesn't have much play when open for use, it's pretty stiff. If it's just barely open, then it does have more play, but when it's open enough to actually use, it's very solid. When it's closed, I don't hear anything if it push on it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Weirdly enough, I asked Microsoft support and they told me that they never heard of my issue before. They said I must have damaged it, so it might not be covered under warranty...
3rd Microsoft device I might return:
First one was my Surface RT with dead pixels, twice.
Then my Surface 3 with ghost touch when bluetooth on.
Now my most expensive purchase, the Surface Pro 3 with wiggly noisy kickstand?

I am a doomed Microsoft user haha.

Louis Preaux

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
Little update on my story. I returned my SP3 and received a replacement with a very similar issue. But only 1 hinge was faulty that time.
I have sent that one back are well. Third time lucky? 🍀

Louis Preaux

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Poor you, as soon as I got one with the faulty hinge, I would have sent it back straight away. Receiving my new one tomorrow due to receiving one with lots of backlight bleed. 4th time lucky lol.

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine moves a lot. I'd say an inch measured at the end of the kickstand. The hinges seem to be wearing out and allowing the slop. I thought they just came lose, but the "base" of the hinge doesn't move.

I'm going to use my extended warranty on it when I come to the end of the 2 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo