issues with wireless connection to tv

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am trying to use "connect" or "project" to my wireless tv, but the picture's quality is really bad, almost black and very pixellated.
I am on W10 14328 and I have this problem from W10 14295.
I have asked in the W10 insider previews forums, but it seems that nobody have any idea about it.
My wifi network is perfectly ok, and capable of transmitting HD videos to the tv (I can use without any problem the "cast in device" from the context menu).
The same with my L730, it connects perfectly, so it seems that something is broken with "connect" and "project" of the quick action tiles.
Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to use "connect" and "project" tiles from Quick Action without any other adaptor so I think it is Miracast.
As I said, my L730 executes the same functions perfectly, only the SP3 has major picture quality problems.

Last edited:

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here, ive always had the problem on my surface ever since w8.1, streams like crap both through wireless adapter and direct to the tv :(

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Very strange that nobody speaks about this problem, I cannot find any similar case (and almost nobody replies here also...)
I wonder if we are the only 2 guys affected...

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm sure you've already checked that your Video Driver is up to date & that the receiving device has the Latest Firmware. Yes?

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have (Display Adapter driver: Intel HD Graphics 20.19.15.4331, PNP Monitor driver: Microsoft 10.0.14332.1001, Wireless Network adapter Marvell 15.68.9040.67).
I suppose in your case it works ok, could you please share more info (windows version, drivers version, tv type) thanks.

Last edited:

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I do not experience any problems casting to my wireless TV. I do have the TV as a priority media device under the wireless router bandwidth table. I also stream to the TV on the 2.5 GHz band..

ImbaSD

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Check your nearby devices that are working via Bluetooth ;)
Disable all Bluetooth devices and try to connect again and check the quality.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to use "connect" and "project" tiles from Quick Action without any other adaptor so I think it is Miracast.
As I said, my L730 executes the same functions perfectly, only the SP3 has major picture quality problems.

Try using "cast to" instead of the "connect" or "project" options. I use that when casting to my Microsoft Wireless Display adapter. It works better than the other options.

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Try using "cast to" instead of the "connect" or "project" options. I use that when casting to my Microsoft Wireless Display adapter. It works better than the other options.

Thanks for your input, if you read my 1st message you will see that I have allready mentioned that.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input, if you read my 1st message you will see that I have allready mentioned that.

Ok. I was talking if you right click on a video or image within Windows Explorer and then select, "Cast to." That does not project your screen, it just transmits the image or video not your entire screen. That is different that using the "connect" and "project" options.

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It looks like I finally found the root of my problems!
My TV transmits (for the direct connection) by default in Channel Nr. 1, which was the same channel my wi-fi network transmitted.
I simply changed my router's wi-fi channel to another one (unoccupied) and all the problems disappeared!
At last I have a robust connection without interferences, ok some delay still exists, but the outcome in general is totally acceptable without any problem with the picture quality.
Lesson learned in my case, be sure the channel your TV set transmits to be free of interferences and most of all, DIFFERENT from your wifi network channel.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99