Power button won't turn off screen

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I know it's functional bc if I hold it down,can shut down the surface. But if I quick press it,nothing happens. Is this a setting?

there should be setting under power setting about what the power button does. Just search in start for "power settings" and see what pressing the power button does. Long pressing the power button means you're forcing a shutdown. To shut down safely it is recommended to use the shut down command from the start section

Andrew Pastor

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
My surface pro 2 is doing the same thing since upgrading to build 14342 - power button will work to turn on the screen, but will not turn off the screen. If I change my setting to have the power button make the surface go to sleep then it works. Any ideas?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My surface pro 2 is doing the same thing since upgrading to build 14342 - power button will work to turn on the screen, but will not turn off the screen. If I change my setting to have the power button make the surface go to sleep then it works. Any ideas?

Same prob on Surface pro 3...only toggles to Sleep, not "screen off", and I am on official build. Strange that MS would remove this simple feature

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo