How do I stop old firmware from installing?!

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I asked this last week in the Windows Insider Preview forum and got no answer.

Ever since I installed the new Redstone build for the first time starting just last week, for the past 3 build an old firmware from the 19th of Jan 2016 keeps installing over and over!!!!!

I manually downloaded the latest firmware so I could reinstall it after the stupid 19th of Jan update does it, but it does it like every couple of days.

HELP! How so I manually tell a Windows Update NOT to ever install on Windows 10? In Windows 7 it was easy to un-check an update.

Thanks!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's been happening to many of us after each and every build update.

It's been raised to the product group in the MVP forums, but we've not had any response.

As always, upvote in the feedback app and use whatever social networking solution you use to ask for a response.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The reason why we keep having to install the drivers after each preview build, is that they only provide the most generic drivers in the builds. So the system has to re-install the newest drivers and such.

But if the system is constantly re-installing drivers between builds, that is an issue. Try running the windows update troubleshooter to clean things out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786