Weird power bug, need verification

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey people,

I think I have run into an odd power bug, and would like to see if anyone else can confirm it.

What it is, is if you have your SP3 plugged in to the power brick, and it is sleeping (keyboard folded close), then you disconnect the power brick, the SP3 will wake up and start draining your battery.

What I have found to avoid the power drain, is to wake up the SP3 first, then disconnect the power brick, then fold close the keyboard to put it back to sleep (and eventually it will power down completely if it isn't used at all).

I stumbled upon this when I had the SP3 plugged in while I was using it one night, it had a full charge when I folded the keyboard close, then put down on the coffee table for the night. I apparently caught the power cord while getting up and it disconnected from the SP3. When I got up in the morning to do my morning news reading, the battery was dead.

I have been able to recreate this several times, but I would like to see if anyone else can, just to make sure it just isn't my unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans