Surface pro 3 type cover shortcuts odd behaviour

asad04

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a surface pro 3 with the type cover running windows 10. For some reason only ctrl-c, ctrl-v and ctrl-z shortcuts don't work when using the type cover attached to the surface. This happens in every app or any other program I use it in. All other shortcuts work fine though.
Then if i attach an external keyboard, all shortcuts work fine again including the ones mentioned above. Even when using the virtual on-screen keyboard, the shortcuts work fine. So what's wrong with my type cover?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a surface pro 3 with the type cover running windows 10. For some reason only ctrl-c, ctrl-v and ctrl-z shortcuts don't work when using the type cover attached to the surface. This happens in every app or any other program I use it in. All other shortcuts work fine though.
Then if i attach an external keyboard, all shortcuts work fine again including the ones mentioned above. Even when using the virtual on-screen keyboard, the shortcuts work fine. So what's wrong with my type cover?

first solution that I suggest is to reinstall the keyboard drivers

Others could be here: Ctrl C and Ctrl V not working - Microsoft Community

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
actually do one more thing than just deleting the keyboard. ALSO delete the drivers and then plug the keyboard back in and let windows download and install the keyboard drivers. I had this very same thing at work and some tech actually got HP to replace keyboards in laptops and the CTRL V and CTRL C still didn't work. I REMOVED the drivers and let windows find and install the keyboard. that fixed the issue.

asad04

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
so i went into 'device manager' then clicked 'keyboards' and uninstall surface type cover and i clicked delete driver software option too. I've restarted the surface and when i go into device manager now, all i see is 'HID Keyboard Device'...it's listed there in device manager twice?
So it doesn't now list surface type cover in device manager. So how should i install the surface type cover?
The three shorcuts still don't work ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-z.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
so i went into 'device manager' then clicked 'keyboards' and uninstall surface type cover and i clicked delete driver software option too. I've restarted the surface and when i go into device manager now, all i see is 'HID Keyboard Device'...it's listed there in device manager twice?
So it doesn't now list surface type cover in device manager. So how should i install the surface type cover?
The three shorcuts still don't work ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-z.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/hardware-and-drivers/troubleshoot-surface-keyboards?os=windows-10&=undefined

and this link has a download for drivers - not specifically the cover but all drivers https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826

asad04

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
thanks for reply. I've managed to re-install the drivers for the type cover, and it is now listed in device manager, however the shortcuts still don't work. I have however managed to try another type cover from my friends surface. The shortcuts work fine when I attach a different type cover. So I guess I will have to purchase another type cover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo