Anybody feels their early surface pro 3 is sluggish these days?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Boot it up is fast and all but after almost 3 years, UI isn't as snappy as I would like them to be for some reason, clicking on various things seem to take a moment to respond, dragging windows around is jerky. Action center takes a few seconds to slide out. Start menu same, File manager just slow.

I have the slowing down samsung ssd drive and doing a diskfresh is not really helping on that part.

Is it just me?

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I know that the Samsung 840 Evo had an issue where the read speed got slower over time, the longer a file had been on the drive the slower.

If that's the case, a system image made with Macrium Free followed by a restore could help, in case Diskfresh isn't doing the job correctly.
On the other hand, moving windows around shouldn't be affected by an SSD in bad shape.

Otherwise, maybe it's time for a fresh reinstall?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@SL2 thanks for your thoughts.

So apparently my laughing out loud that Google Services were better on Edge the past several months was heard and tables got flipped.

No more gmail, google calendar, google docs on Edge and everyone was playing nice together again. Chrome, formerly very resource hogging even with their own stuff seems a lot better.

Hasn't been a full day yet but the switch in usage improved things immediately....

grrrr games...

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
totally not a coincidence that my buddy with a SP4 had started complaining along with me about the same thing and we use it similarly with edge and google services.

Oh and all the reports of people here on edge can't open google stuff it seems.

So evil :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb