When I connect the power cable to my Surface Pro 3, the light on the magnetic bar does not light. I have done this with two adapters AND visited the Microsoft Store nearby and they declared it dead. it is out of warranty and the only option they provided was buying another SP3 for $600 - not a good value in my eyes.

any ideas how to resurrect this or is it hopeless
    09-12-2017 01:59 PM
    I'm not sure if you've done this (it worked for me), blow out the connector slot on the SP3 with compressed air. I was having the same issue. I have a shop compressor and turned it up to full and then blew out the slot. It started charging.

The magnets around the slot do a really good job of picking up any type of metal dust which will inhibit a proper connection.
    09-13-2017 09:34 AM
    I am experiencing a similar problem. Sometimes if I unplug the adapter and plug it back in I can get the light to turn on it will start to charge but even if I leave it alone it seems like it eventually turn off after while and it won't charge anymore. If I bump the charge cable it will actually shutdown the tablet even if it has a good charge.

I was thinking of taking my tablet to best buy and seeing if I experience the same problem using one of the surface pro 4 adapters since I hear they are the same exact plug.
    09-15-2017 12:45 AM