Surface Dock and Surface 3 Pro suddenly stopped working with external monitor

Hikari_PL

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have encountered super awkward situation with my Surface Pro / Surface Dock. As I’m stuck, any assistance will be much appreciated.

Situation:
  • I have Surface 3 Pro (running 1809 Windows 10) and Surface 4 Pro (running 1709 as is my corporate device)
  • At home I have also Surface Dock
  • Screen in Samsung C32HG70, connected to Dock via HDMI cable (DisplayPort connection I use to connect my desktop PC)
  • This setup has been working perfectly for months

Problem:
  • Last week this setup stopped working, i.e. Surface 3 Pro, when attached to the Dock via HDMI cannot display anything on the screen
  • Surface 3 Pro detects the screen, but cannot display (duplicate, extent, only 2nd screen – nothing works; in fact it cannot even turn it on)
  • Usually if I try to set my screen to duplicate via Settings app it will crash (see here)
  • Did reset of Windows 10 to brand new settings and it did not help; neither resetting display cache
  • When screen is connected via DisplayPort it works fine, problem happens only with HDMI connection (which I normally use)
  • When screen is connected directly to Surface 3 Pro via HDMI it will also work
  • Updating Dock to latest firmware does not help
  • Interestingly, Surface 4 Pro works perfectly fine (both on DP and HDMI)

Whatever happened it happened 2-3 weeks ago.

Do you have the same problem? Any ideas how to solve it?

Hikari_PL

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Small update: when I connected HDMI cable directly to Surface 3 Pro then I have the same problem as if I was doing it via Dock.

Tried to delete registry keys that store Display config, but it does not help :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism