Surface Pro 3 shutting off randomly again, and again

greyne

May 22, 2019
Visit site
Basically, since December my Surface Pro 3 has been having issues.
I'll turn it on and it'll power up, get to the login screen, then shut off out of nowhere. I'll turn it back on, and it does the same thing. again and again. Sometimes it'll get logged in and I'll have just opened chrome or something and then it'll do the shutdown thing again.
When it's turning back on it does flash some kind of black error screen but it flashes by so quickly theres no way for me to see what it says.
After a random amount of turning on and off and on and off it'll eventually stay on without issue. When I'm done using it I'll turn it off and next time I need to use it it'll have the same issue again.
It has literally taken me 20 minutes or more to get the dang thing on and working without turning itself off, and I can't deal with that when I need to use it for classes.

Has anyone had this problem? Or does anyone know a way I could go about fixing this.?

greyne

May 22, 2019
Visit site
It happens if it's plugged in, not plugged in, it happens every time I turn it on no matter the variable it seems. I'll look through that forum post when I get a chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss