Rumored Specs on the Microsoft Surface Pro 4

AFransella

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Sounds fair, although the only way I'd pick one up is if it has a decent GPU either built into it or at least in a docking station. Hope they improve battery life for the new one.

melair23

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I hope Microsoft designs Surface Pro 4 with LTE or cellular connectivity this time like Apple does with the iPads. It's very inconvenient to have to turn on my hotspot on my mobile phone in order to hop on the internet if WIFI isn't readily available. Many times it disconnects and so unreliable versus a WIFI connection or LTE/cellular connection. I hear this same complaints with other users that are using Surface Pros. Until they have this feature, I think it will always be flawed unfortunately.

:unhappy:

RealtyMarc

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I totally agree with you sir. I have built in cellular on all of my iPads and laptops. I would buy the Surface Pro 4 in a heartbeat if it had built in LTE

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Though convenient for road warriors, LTE on tablets is still a very niche feature. I personally haven't seen anyone with a cellular tablet.
For the SP4, I want them to focus on reducing weight, not thickness. Thickness is fine as is, weight is the main impediment to tablet usage.
Also, they should consider upping the battery life more. 12 hours would be very nice
The next surface pro type cover should aim to maximize the size of the trackpad, like in MacBook. There is a lot of wasted space at the margins. Use those space for a bigger trackpad. Maybe move the keyboard part up even closer to the screen to increase the height of the trackpad. Also, a middle click gesture would be nice. I know some people uses middle click a lot

oscarwashere

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe it has no fans, it just needs them in order to run smooth. When I did not plug the fan of my PC in the motherboard in the right way, my CPU reached temperatures of around 90 degrees Celcius and I was very lucky it didn't melt or broke. This will happen in the SP4 too if there's no fan, or they must have come up with something revolutionary, but it doesn't seem like it.

dstrauss

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
IF (the big IF) they can eliminate fans - DO NOT MAKE IT SMALLER - cram it full of battery and make it an all day powerhouse.

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
No need to add battery -- if they can eliminate fans, they can make it smaller, lighter, and have longer battery life.

First, the fans use power. Eliminate the fans, and you aren't using as much power. Which means you automatically get longer battery life when you eliminate the fans.

Second, the fans exist to dissipate heat from the processor. The only way to eliminate the fans is to find a way to have the processor generate less heat. And the only way to have the processor generate less heat is to have it use less power. And if it's using less power, then your battery life is lasting longer.

If they can get rid of the fans, then by definition they can also make it smaller, lighter, and still have longer battery life.

ar-7

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I really hope (although it doesn't sound like it will happen) they have an option for an i5 or something that can handle Photoshop and Illustrator in the next Surface Pro. Everything I have read says it will have a Core M. I was waiting to buy the SP4 but I might have to but a SP3 instead.

Wes D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If it has LTE, I'll buy on the first date. Otherwise I'll pass on this release. It's the only thing the SP3 is missing. At least offer the option, some won't see the value in it, by some will (like myself).

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Man, I thought I was the only one waiting for LTE...

So, the thing is.. even if they include LTE it won't be as elegant of a solution as .. lets say the Nokia 2520 where you have the LTE chip inside the SoC.

With Intel, at least for now, it will have to be a separate chip on the board, separate drivers, etc. and that would also impact the battery life more so than if it was part of the SoC.

I was really hoping for Intel to include LTE inside Core-M, but.. maybe next gen.

Either way, even if they have to add an extra chip on the board, I will take it..

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Sounds fair, although the only way I'd pick one up is if it has a decent GPU either built into it or at least in a docking station. Hope they improve battery life for the new one.

I'd love it if it had a dedicated GPU baked into the dock. That'd be a great option that would support both mobility and life as a desktop replacement. The big risk there is if the dock continues to be a legacy accessory it could be an expensive paper weight when the SP5 comes out.

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I would definitely buy the Surface Pro 4 if it is the same size (or thicker) and have the option for
> Intel Core i5/i7 with vPro
> 16GB RAM
> Trackpoint on Keyboard (all business laptops and tablet PCs have this circular nub in the middle of the keyboard and I love using this)

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
How likely is Skylake going to feature improvements for external display support?What resolution / framerate for one / two monitors might we be talking about?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05