Hi Dan

Any change of you doing a new article update of the rumoured specs and launch date of the coming Surface Pro 4? The last few days their has been reports out that SP4 will get pushed to 2. half 2016. But that doesn't make any sense to me. Why not launch on the back of W10 launch? And I really don't believe that there will be 2 years between SP3 and SP4

I do admit though that the newly launched variant SP3 I7 dos confuse me a bit if SP4 is to launch within a couple of month?

Hope you can shed some update light on SP4

Best regards
    bguy_1986 likes this.
    07-11-2015 06:29 PM
    I think the second half of 2016 date has been thrown out because Microsoft ordered a bunch of 256GB SSDs from Samsung (about three times faster than the SP3 SSDs) that will be available to them in that timeframe. However, they could be for the SP5?
    As you said it doesn't make sense to have 2 years in between devices. The SP3 is selling well, but as tech is going it needs a refresh within a few months.

Rumours have been saying it'll ship with Skylake processors. Rumours on those are they'll be shown at Gamescom (first week of August) and the first chips will start shipping then (two models). Not sure about when the mobile chips will start shipping but I think rumours (again) say maybe September/October.

I think SP4 will ship before the end of 2015, maybe October or November (to try to push the new model for the holidays) but I'd like to hear some news from Daniel as well; what I am saying here is based only on rumours I have seen on the web and Daniel has some more reliable sources i'm sure ;)

EDIT: I am currently listening to Windows Weekly from this week and if you go around the 50:45 minute mark, Mary Jo Foley and Dr Pizza talk about these rumours. Mary Jo Foley seems to agree with my thought process https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly...utostart=false
    Last edited by QuentinJ; 07-11-2015 at 08:56 PM.
    saintforlife likes this.
    07-11-2015 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the link to Windows Weekly

My initial thoughts have been aug/sep time frame. As you say Skylake will start shipping from august. But also the rumors on the larger 14" display. Dell has exclusive on LGs bezel les screen technology. But that 6 month exclusive ends in august. And that means that an 14" SP4 more or less could have the same dimensions as the SP3 12". That makes a compelling sales point.....
    07-12-2015 04:49 AM
    Any chances MS could make a surface with AMD apu, because the company is (interested) in buying AMD. If so an surface with an A10 quad core apu with good graphics is not so bad for the ultra portable gamers.
    07-12-2015 05:21 AM
    It seems that Skylake U processor will launch at IFA in sep. And if SP4 will have the upgraded U processor (U processor in the SP3) then sep/okt could be a good guess.

I can see that the new processors is estimated to make the battery last up to 35% longer.....That indeed would be welcomed
    07-13-2015 07:27 AM
    I think Microsoft will be out of their minds if they don't announce the next models of their flagship product lines (Surface & Nokia) that support Windows Hello shortly after Windows 10 is released.
    But again, they CAN be out of their minds.
    azcruz and Tracey Jean like this.
    07-13-2015 07:05 PM
    I'm very curious to hear what Daniel nows/thinks as well. I've been holding out on buying a Surface Pro 3 for months now to get a Surface Pro 4, I'd be pretty frustrating if it never comes out (or a year later at least).
    bguy_1986 likes this.
    07-14-2015 04:37 AM
    Same here. I'm up for a new laptop at work! Trying to hold off but it's getting hard to.
    07-14-2015 07:15 AM
    I am struggling to buy a laptop for school starting in September, my surfaceRT is quite slow now and i really want to use a pen, please let us know if it is announcing in the end of july or around please.
    Tracey Jean likes this.
    07-14-2015 11:46 AM
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Reportedly Coming Out in October: What To Expect : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

A LOT of websites are reporting on rumours of an October launch of the Surface Pro 4! Please let it be happening :D
    07-17-2015 06:18 AM
    October is far too late for me. School starts the last week of August. They'd be losing out on a lot of sales by not being ready for college students. This is not a product for the holiday season...
    07-17-2015 11:26 AM
    October is okay. But if the rumoured 14" is ditched that's sad to hear :-( I hope they make room for another USB port.....

I can understand that Mary Jo has heard NOTHING A ALL about SP4. And others of the usually well informed has heard nothing either. So maybe this means that the SP4 is further out......?

I still would very much like to hear what Dan has to say. I don't have a twitter account so I cant ask a question to him about SP4 in his new podcast show. Maybe other will do that....?
    07-20-2015 03:17 AM
    I would definitely buy the Surface Pro 4 if it is the same size (or thicker) and have the option for
    > Intel Core i5/i7 with vPro
    > 16GB RAM
    > Trackpoint on Keyboard (all business laptops and tablet PCs have this circular nub in the middle of the keyboard and I love using this)
    07-28-2015 09:07 PM