09-11-2015 06:17 AM
44 12
tools
    No, Windows more better than iOs.
    In what way?
    09-08-2015 03:16 AM
    Why would they build the technology that makes the iPad stand veritcally into the keyboard? If I'm not missing something here the Surface approach of including a kickstand to the device itself is so much better.
    09-09-2015 02:21 PM
    If you watched the Apple event, you can clearly see that the iPad will affect surface sales. One way or another
    09-09-2015 03:27 PM
    If you watched the Apple event, you can clearly see that the iPad will affect surface sales. One way or another
    I believe that the iPad Pro may INCREASE Surface Pro sales. Apple charging $99 for their "Pencil" and $170 for their keyboard makes what Microsoft is charging for their accessories seem reasonable. ;)

The iPad Pro pricing for the device itself is also out of line. They brought nothing more than an increased size to the product line. It shouldn't cost as much as a tablet capable of being a desktop replacement.
    rhapdog and colinkiama like this.
    09-09-2015 03:47 PM
    The Surface Pro - Probably not.
    The Surface 3 - Quite Likely.

If they took some of the spec out of the display to lower the cost, they might be able to do some damage. The lack of a dock to use full size peripherals is a limiting factor - in the end, it's still an iPad with IOS.

We use SP3's almost exclusively with Docks and ultra-wide monitors. This usually replaces 3 devices for us: a desktop, a notebook used for travel where enterprise apps and support are needed, and an iPad the user had - just 'cause.
    Last edited by dkediger; 09-09-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    rhapdog likes this.
    09-09-2015 03:52 PM
    They charge $169 for a keyboard and can't see fit to put a trackpad? Another $99 for a stylus? It may drive iPad sales and knock the doldrums out but I wouldn't worry about Surface Pro sales. The Surface RT, if it were still around, maybe.
    Laura Knotek and rhapdog like this.
    09-09-2015 06:30 PM
    Can't wait to hear the Apple fanboys screaming about having to pay extra for the keyboard and pen like they do with the Surfaces. Should be included, right...? Lol

This whole thing is a rip off of the surface line.
    09-09-2015 07:09 PM
    And off topic, but still relevant to the launch, 'complications' on the watch? Are they ******* serious?!

Edit: Then again, it isn't that difficult to confuse the iCultists lol
    09-09-2015 07:12 PM
    The Surface RT, if it were still around, maybe.
    Not at that price point.
    09-09-2015 07:28 PM
    Do you know that Apple could charge $1000 and those so called tech-savvy "journalists" and iWashed would still say that it is reasonable. From what I've been reading since the event, no one has complained about the pen, oh no it is Apple Pencil and the keyboard. Some sites even dare to predict that iPad Pro will be a better product. Yet even before the Surface 3 and Pro 3was released, many had already managed to moan about the pen and the keyboard. It's just ridiculous how "retardised" our world has become. And can anyone confirm if the pen...Pencil has palm rejection technology? Because from what I've seen, it looks like you'll have to keep your hand at a distance when you are trying to be productive with this "revolutionary innovation".
    Last edited by Loc Ngo; 09-09-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    09-09-2015 07:47 PM
    And can anyone confirm if the pen...Pencil has palm rejection technology? Because from what I've seen, it looks like you'll have to keep your hand at a distance when you are trying to be productive with this "revolutionary innovation".
    I believe iPad Pro should support palm rejection. It will be a big joke and shame if it does not support this must-have feature.

They even claimed the Apple Pencil is capable of dealing with even a single pixel. Well, assuming Apple's claim is true, it is market gimmick again because ordinary people cannot move their hand with precision up to 1 pixel (without magnifying the screen).
    09-09-2015 11:27 PM
    I'm an ipad fan, but my Surface 2 is more "pro" than the iPad RT... err, iPad Pro.
    09-09-2015 11:32 PM
    I believe that the iPad Pro may INCREASE Surface Pro sales. Apple charging $99 for their "Pencil" and $170 for their keyboard makes what Microsoft is charging for their accessories seem reasonable. ;)

The iPad Pro pricing for the device itself is also out of line. They brought nothing more than an increased size to the product line. It shouldn't cost as much as a tablet capable of being a desktop replacement.
    Very true. I just hope people realise that the surface pro 3 is actually a way better deal.
    09-10-2015 02:56 AM
    ...oh no it is Apple Pencil"
    "revolutionary innovation".
    Hear the audience chuckle when he said "pencil" lol!
    It is indeed revolutionary. If only Microsoft could do a tablet like that...

Editing: Typos and formatting
    09-10-2015 10:53 AM
    I dont think people like ipad pro will give up on Surface because surface still support more than ipad even it proed
    09-10-2015 12:50 PM
    The only thing "Pro" about an iPad is the Apple Marketing Department. If they can make this boat anchor sell, they deserve a raise.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-10-2015 03:01 PM
    Hear the audience chuckle when he said "pencil" lol!
    It is indeed revolutionary. If only Microsoft could do a tablet like that...

Editing: Typos and formatting
    And in what aspect is it revolutionary? If you call the graphic quality, then no...it's not revolutionary at all.
    09-10-2015 10:55 PM
    I wouldn't worry about the iPad pro OR any other iPad versus the surface pro. Like you said, the iPad will only get recognition as a toy. It will never be used as a laptop device.
    I agree with everything but your last sentence.

I constantly see people as I travel with keyboard attachments on their iPad struggling to do actual work. It gives me good laugh as I pull out my SP3.

For no other reason than to show them how much of a toy their iPad is, I work on some spreadsheets for a while then pull off the keyboard and play some games or attach my portable hard drive to watch movies.
    Tsang Fai likes this.
    09-10-2015 11:15 PM
    And in what aspect is it revolutionary? If you call the graphic quality, then no...it's not revolutionary at all.
    I was being sarcastic lol
    Loc Ngo likes this.
    09-11-2015 06:17 AM
44 12