What kind of performance can we expect from the m3?

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Like the title says, what kind of performance can we expect from the m3?

I'm looking at picking one of these up. With a student discount I can get the m3 with no fingerprint scanner keyboard and the protection plan for $1060 plus tax. Throw the i5 in it'll run me about $90 more. Now it may look like only $90 but this is already at the top of my budget as it stands.

I really want a laptop/tablet combo, but I'm not looking for a powerhouse, just something premium. It'll mostly be used for email, browsing, entertainment, word processing, and the occasional edit of pics and videos that I've uploaded from my phone. Nothing hardcore at all. What can I expect from the m3?

Christopher Senn1

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
im waiting on benchmarks to decide if i get a used SP3 i7 or a new SP4 i5. I too dont want to crack the bank.

How do you get the student discount? Anyone know of any military discount?

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
im waiting on benchmarks to decide if i get a used SP3 i7 or a new SP4 i5. I too dont want to crack the bank.

How do you get the student discount? Anyone know of any military discount?
Either be a student or a teacher. My wife is a teacher so we get the education discount. Saves 10%. Not sure about the military discount, but it's definitely deserved!

Just not sure if the bump to an i5 is worth it for what I'll be using this for.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious also... I want to know whether or not it's better to upgrade my i3 SP3 to an 'i5 SP3' or the 'core M3 SP4'...

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that it 'should' beat the core i3 Pro 3 based on CPU specs but no-one will know, yet, based on not knowing what exact cooling's inside the Pro 4.

Maybe we should wait for reviews?

Zyrex

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
The M3 is also the only fanless version. Does anyone know where the vents will be on the i5+ models?

Also, more heat = more engery. How will the battery life be affected by the i5?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss