Surface Pro 4 power question

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Obviously since this product hasn't been released yet, maybe know one will know for sure, but is there any kind of adapter that can be used that allows you to charge the Surface Pro 4 with an external battery pack? I carry a battery pack with my Surface 3 since it just uses USB to charge. Would there be a way to connect a SP4 to the same battery pack?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I would assume that someone had to have made a third-party peripheral of that kind but maybe not. I have not seen one personally. I mean, it'd have to be a rather huge power pack to make a difference in what is essentially a full laptop battery.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The Surface pro battery type cover works on my surface pro 3. It will work on the surface pro 4 as well

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I already have a 20,000 mAH battery I carry with me. I'm hoping there is or will be some kind of cable that can plug into the USB out port on that and connect to the Surface Pro 4 magnetic power port.

donhillla

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Take a look at the battery below on Amazon.com (can't do links yet) and the third party cable (barrel to SP3) in the Frequently Bought Together section. I know this is not USB. I don't think USB has enough power to drive the SP3 or SP4 (36 Watt). (For some reason I seem to delete posts when editing them using Android.)

Intocircuit PC26000 Power Catsle 26000 MAH External Battery for Laptop Tablet and Smartphone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss