Has anyone had their Surface Pro 4 (or Book) order be magically cancelled?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Ordered a SP4 256GB, 16GB RAM i5. Got an email today saying it was cancelled. Had a credit card issue, it was resolved. Even called MS directly to make sure everything was on track. It was. When I called AFTER my cancellation email they said my ordered model was back ordered, which is why it was cancelled. So why a cancellation when it was back ordered? Talked to a supervisor, they said they honestly didn't know why it was cancelled. Normally they will try and charge a credit card up to 5 times when an issue arises, mine was only attempted once.
End of the conversation? "Sorry, there's nothing we can do. Maybe you'd like to order a different model"
I am BEYOND mad! Has anyone else gone through this, or any advise for me? Thanks!

SuperLDClark

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this happened to me today. I cannot express in words how mad and disappointed I am with Microsoft's Store support. I ordered the Surface Pro 4 i7 w/ 256MB SSD and 16GB RAM on November 1, 2015 and received a ship by date of November 20, 2015. Today I received the same email as you stating that the order was cancelled due to a problem billing my credit card. When I contacted my bank they informed me that there was no such charge attempted. I contact Microsoft only to be issued an apology and statement that there was nothing that they could do. I am on the fence now wondering if I should even bother buying a Surface Pro 4.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Their store is total rubbish. They canceled my Surface Book AFTER telling me it was being shipped. When I asked it was 'oops, we're sorry', thing. So I ordered a new MacBook Pro. Later I decided there was some things that I wanted a Windows laptop for so I went round and round with the CSR's about one line in my shipping address not working. This went on for nearly an hour. Just like Sony: great products and no knowledge of how to sell/market them.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a SP4 256GB, 16GB RAM i5. Got an email today saying it was cancelled. Had a credit card issue, it was resolved. Even called MS directly to make sure everything was on track. It was. When I called AFTER my cancellation email they said my ordered model was back ordered, which is why it was cancelled. So why a cancellation when it was back ordered? Talked to a supervisor, they said they honestly didn't know why it was cancelled. Normally they will try and charge a credit card up to 5 times when an issue arises, mine was only attempted once.
End of the conversation? "Sorry, there's nothing we can do. Maybe you'd like to order a different model"
I am BEYOND mad! Has anyone else gone through this, or any advise for me? Thanks!

Does your life depend on tech? if this makes you mad then heaven help you when something realistic comes along.

ChadMao

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I confirmed with my card company that no charge had been attempted. Microsoft rep re-placed the order however, I am now a Dec 4th ship date. They claim that my order has been given expedited processing (not sure if I believe that). Pretty frustrating. I suspected that this didn't just happen to me. Has anyone told MS that we know this happened to multiple people in error?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077